Strategy Director Melbourne
Wanted: Planning UnicornOpenClose
The Royals strategy division is now expanding with a newly created opportunity for a “hands-on” Planning Director.
You’ll represent the voice of the consumer in the agency. You’ll take a lead role within the team responsible for developing the key strategic insights that underpin advertising ideas, working closely with our clients to research the market and understand the consumer, helping formulate brand communications strategies, and developing creative briefs that will be used by the agency’s creative teams to produce the creative ideas.
You’ll be pivotal to developing client marketing and communications strategy, creative development process. Being able to evaluate ideas against consumer insights, research, and our client business needs.
WHAT YOU WILL SPEND YOUR TIME DOING:
- Will see you lead the strategic planning process of key strategic initiatives on specific accounts.
- Putting the market situation, consumer, and brand promise at the heart of their strategies plans.
- Using research and data to uncover insights to inform communication strategies Deliver strategically driven creative work, from ideation phase to full execution
- Influence communications strategy across all channels.
- Lead and support executive management and senior leadership team with new business, delivering and managing the provision of research and insights through to creative platform across relevant markets, competitors, and consumers
- Leading the development of creative briefs, the briefing session, and then nurture the ideas to development
- Developing the creative platforms and writing of manifestos
- Lead key client meetings and internal leadership meetings
- Provide strategic leadership and teamwork to take clients to new and interesting strategic territories
WHAT YOU’VE GOT:
- Have strong and persuasive communication skills, able to simplify research and strategic thinking
- A passion for creative innovation and ability to work effectively with cross-agency strategy, creative and delivery (communications, digital) teams
- Experience and/or strong understanding across brand and communications planning
- Strong research skills and understanding – qualitative and quantitative
- Can craft strong strategic arguments to support your position and recommendations
- Has solid skills in all core areas of planning, including research and insights, business strategy, analytics, cultural trends digital and social strategies
- Be a proven new business winner but also able to roll sleeves up and deliver
- 7+ years experience leading innovative strategies at an agency or working with developing insights, leading cultural trends, and driving big ideas for business.
Send your application or questions to email@example.com.